- Recipe inspired by the original recipe from www.bonappetit.com… and empanada dough from www.epicurious.com
- 4 servings
- Total: 2hr30min — Prep: 20min, Cook: 2hr 10min
- This recipe is part of another project of ours, the 195 Challenge: cook one recipe inspired by various regions in the world. This is recipe #9/195.
- We both really enjoyed this recipe! The dough is far from healthy and absolutely delicious. Because our we had a fairly thick wrap with the empanada dough, it took a lot longer to cook, and as a result, the meat was overdone inside the empanada. Make sure the dough is thinner than the tip of your finger (less than half inch. Ours was closer to 3/4″. We also didn’t brush with water.
- If the dough gets too warm, it will be super sticky and hard to work with.
If you like what we have provided, and would like to help continue the project, please consider a donation!