- Original recipe from (Book) 131 Method (Published in 2019, HERE the link towards Amazon ; note: not a sponsor/affiliated link)
- For 6 slices
- Total: 1hr30min — Prep: 30min Cook: 60min
- Vegetable : Zucchini, Red bell pepper
- Protein: Bacon, Egg
- Grain: Almond Flour
- Oils: Coconut Oil
- Nut & Spice: Coconut cream, Salt, Pepper
- NO: Fruit, Dairy
- The motivation for this recipe is to test a different way to make quiche, in this case, healthier oils and more environmentally friendly meat was used.
- Recipe calls for 12oz of coconut oil (we used all 15 from the can). Our quiche was wet from the oil and very sweet, our guess is less coco-cream will reduce the sweetness (which was almost like candy or cake) & possibly moisture content.
- Although still high in moisture, after the quiche cools down it will somewhat solidify (coconut oil has low melting point but solid at room temp).
- The crust with almond flour was a great discovery. It has great nutritious properties (see more details on others blogs, ex: this link on www.healthline.com)
Power the Blog!
If you like what you are getting on the blog, consider a donation to help fund future projects!